Ah, the best laid plans of bloggers do not always come to fruition. I fell off the blogging train hard in March, but now I’m back and hoping to keep up a little better. There have been some good tries lately that I’ll eventually share recipes for, but since we’re a little behind tonight, I’ll just share the ones that didn’t quite hit the mark.
– Peanut Butter Fudge from Briana Thomas: This is good for a healthy dessert, but I feel like it needs a couple tweaks. I don’t think I added enough salt (to bring out the flavor, I wouldn’t want it “salted”), and it could use a touch more sweetener. Also, though I love the combination of peanut butter and coconut oil, I don’t love it so much in this recipe. I think I’d like to cut the oil back by a touch and replace it with more butter. Still, I think this is a very good start! At first taste, it reminds me of peanut butter cookie dough. 🙂
View this post on Instagram
Today’s #foodprep yielded #carrotcakemuffins (#foodfaithfitnessrecipe), a very sweet #pineapple cut up for easy eating, #redgrapes washed for easy eating, and #peanutbutterfudge (#brianathomasrecipe) with a healthy #secretingredient. I’d say this week is off to a pretty sweet start. 😉 #healthyfood #sweettooth #eatcolorful #nowtorelax
– Carrot Cake Muffins from Food, Faith, Fitness: These are really pretty good. (Remember, I’m only sharing recipes if I’d eat them no matter what.) Baked goods with oat flour tend to have a slightly weird texture, so there’s a little of that. Otherwise, these are tasty. You can’t really taste the carrots or pineapple, but they do keep the muffins moist. I’d definitely up the spices and salt next time to bring out the flavors. I also left out the pecans to lower the fat content, so I could justify topping them with a little bit of whipped cream cheese. It was a good choice!
– Brownie Cookies from Low Carb with Jennifer: These definitely need more sweetener, but they came together easily and have real potential.
– Paleo Blueberry Coffee Cake from The Roasted Root: I really wanted to like this one, but it just didn’t have a lot of flavor. I might play around with it a little more. (BTW, the cookies in the below picture were amazing, and I’ll definitely be sharing that recipe. Soon, I hope!)
– Cinnamon Blondies from House of Yumm: These are definitely NOT on the diet. I made them for a game night with some friends, and they were VERY well received. That being said, I’m not going to keep this recipe. There were 2 cups (!!!) of sugar in the recipe, which just seemed a little excessive for an 8 in. square pan, plus I felt they could use a little more flavor and a less gooey center. (Gooey was intended in the recipe, but it’s not my deal.)
– Apple Salad from Briana Thomas: Another one that is a good foundation that I need to tweak for my personal tastes. I use a lot of Greek yogurt in my house, but for some reason, it didn’t work for me in this recipe. I’ll probably try it again with less yogurt, and use a little almond milk to thin it out. I’d also like to up the sweetener and cinnamon a little.
Have you tried anything new lately?