You may have noticed that I didn’t post last week, and to be honest, I really considered not posting again this week. I won’t go into details, but we’ve just been through a lot this past week. Everyone’s okay, and through everything the Lord really protected us and led us, but it’s been busy, and I thought about just taking the night off. In the end, I decided that I really wanted to share this recipe with you. For some reason, I’ve been craving peanut butter all day, so maybe sharing this delicious peanut buttery treat will quell my craving. (And if not, there’s always some peanut butter in my pantry that I might give in and go eat.)
I made this a couple of months ago to celebrate me and my nephew’s birthday. He loves peanut butter, and I do too, so I figured this would be a big hit. (It was.) It’s delicious as written, but my best friend and I really enjoyed eating the leftovers frozen. !! I also feel like you could tweak this a few great ways. You could leave out the chocolate chips and focus on all that peanut buttery goodness. You could also swap out the graham cracker crumbs for something else delicious like crushed oreos or even crushed nutter butters. (Be still my peanut butter loving heart!) However, I would not leave out the cinnamon in the crust. I was a little skeptical at first, but it’s just a little touch that brings something special and helps balance the richness from all that cream and cream cheese.
Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Pie (from Bake or Break)
For the crust:
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. melted butter
For the pie:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Press evenly on the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla til combined.
- In another bowl, whip the cream til soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix, then fold in the mini chips.
- Pour the filling into the crust and chill til set, at least 4 hours. (Or freeze it, you won’t regret it.)
Hope your week’s going well!